WHAT ARE THE MOST EFFECTIVE DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES for 2020 ?
Here’s an outline to use as the foundation of your digital marketing strategy:
• Set holistic business goals — Think broadly (12 months) and then scale back (6 months, 3 months, and the current month).
• Determine key performance indicators — How will you know you’ve met your digital strategy goals? The answer will vary, but be realistic. For instance, it’s unlikely that a small staff could crank out 2,000-word, high-quality blog posts five times a week.
• Create a digital marketing plan — Which online tools will you use and how?
• Execute your strategy —Consistently implement your goals and monitor your progress.
• Analyze the outcome —What worked well? Where should you add value? What changes need to be made going forward?
It can be challenging to determine which marketing channel to use first. But there are six digital marketing channels that every company can benefit from:
• Google AdWords offers budgeting options and measurement tools that keep you in line with your digital marketing goals.
• Content Marketing and SEO can generate organic traffic to your website.
• Use email lists to engage your audience and elicit action, ideally within a specific time frame.
• Social media advertising gives access to diverse groups of people who frequently utilize social media.
• Display advertisement placements: banner ads, video ads, interactive ads and similar advertisements on third party websites.
•Affiliate marketing is especially helpful if you don’t have the manpower or time to market online.